At first glance, the DeLonghi HMP1500 Mica Panel heater seems to be the ultimate solution for those who live in small apartments or those who want to save space. It’s electric, it weighs 10.1 pounds, and best of all, it is wall mountable.
But although admittedly, this panel heater is a great concept, the bigger question is, can it deliver its promise? Let’s find out in this DeLonghi HMP1500 Mica Panel review.
What You Need to Know About the DeLonghi HMP1500
– This has a heating technology which the manufacturer describes as “micathermic” or “mica” technology. Ultimately, the goal is to provide you with efficient, consistent, and silent heating. It gives off heat in multi-directions to ensure that any type of room (or enclosed space) receives consistent heating. Also, it doesn’t make use of a fan so expect a silent operation.
– Other impressive, key features of the HMP1500 include a thermal control function to prevent over-heating, and an adjustable thermostat to give you control of your home’s temperature.
– There is NO timer on this unit.
– It’s made in China.
– This is powered by electricity, and it comes with a 7-ft cord.
– It comes with wheels that you can detach if you want to mount it onto a wall.
VIDEO: DeLonghi HMP1500 Heater
In this video, you can see more of the DeLonghi HMP1500. See the features and the back part as discussed by the speaker.
Pros and Cons, Consumer Feedback
– This is virtually quiet, owing to the fact that it doesn’t use a fan.
– It has a thin profile, so when you mount it on your wall, it doesn’t get in your way.
– It heats up quickly, providing a room comfortable heat. As one consumer has pointed out, you don’t have to wait.
– When it comes to safety, this device is “very safe,” to borrow a buyer’s words. The front panel can be touched without you getting burned. Also, this unit has an auto-off feature in case it tips over or you accidentally bump into it. Most importantly, there is no open flame, no propane leakage, or carbon monoxide poisoning to worry about.
– The thermostat settings don’t give you the exact degree of temperature, just arbitrary numbers, from 1 to 6.
– Some buyers have complained of a strong plastic odor, especially when you turn it on the first time. The smell goes away eventually, though.
Bottomline – Who Is This Space Heater For?
When it comes to safety, heating performance, and quietness of operation, the DeLonghi HMP1500 delivers in all said criteria.
It provides enough heat similar to that of a conventional radiator heater, but with faster heating.
Also, since it doesn’t have a fan, it ensures a noiseless operation. Plus, the safety features do ensure a safe operation. It doesn’t use propane or oil, it’s not hot to the touch, and there is no burning flame to worry about.
RELATED: Want another heater that doesn’t run on propane? Read our Lasko 755320 ceramic indoor heater review here.