Of the space heaters currently available today, Mr. Heater‘s F232000 or Buddy propane heater is probably the most colorful. Note that it only comes in a combination of red and black, but compared to the rest that come in grey or white, we can say that indeed, the F2320000 is “colorful.”
But sure, it has color. The bigger criterion and question is, does it have what it takes to be your indoor heater? Find out in this review.
In a hurry? Get the Portable Buddy Propane Heater here!
What You Need to Know About Mr. Heater’s F232000, From Key Features up to Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
– When you purchase the Buddy, you’ll get a 1-lb. disposable propane tank. It’s not filled with propane. If you want to use a 20-lb. propane tank, you’ll need to buy a hose, filter, and adapter. According to the manual, a 1-lb. will last 3 hours on a high setting and 6 hours on low.
– This is just a personal heater. It doesn’t have a fan, it has a shipping weight of 9.5 pounds, and it’s made in the USA (or imported).
– One of its key features is its auto shut-off system which is triggered when it tips over, when you pick it up, or when it detects low oxygen levels. Therefore, it is safe around kids and pets.
– Aside from the auto shut-off feature, the F232000 also has a low oxygen sensor, which is supposed to prevent the buildup of carbon monoxide, a lethal compound. But though this feature is indeed helpful, it’s always wise to have a carbon monoxide detector especially when running this heater indoors or at an enclosed space. Also, follow the directions before using the product.
Never use this indoor heater unattended without a carbon monoxide detector.
VIDEO: See the Mr. Heater Buddy Heater
In the video below, you can see the Buddy heater from different angles. The speaker demonstrates how to use it.
What Consumers Say About Their Portable Buddy Propane Heater
– Safety Features. Time and time again, you’ll read how buyers love the F232000’s auto shut-off feature. As one consumer has pointed out, it is very sensitive and shuts off when it gets bumped. Also, this heater is wrapped in thick rubber so it doesn’t burn you when you accidentally touch or bump into it.
– Weight. This is lightweight, so it has excellent portability. You can take it with you on your camping or RV trips.
– Ease of Operation. At least two people say this heater is very simple to operate. One person said that relighting it can be easily done, even in darkness.
– Performance. This depends on the outside temperature of where you live. From one consumer’s experience, this heater raises and holds the temperature to about 12.5 or 15 degrees. So if it’s 34 degrees outside, this heater can raise the temperature indoors to 49 degrees. From another consumer, one tank lasts 10 days for temperatures that drop to 46 degrees around midnight.
Performance-wise, this indoor heater provides heat that you will be satisfied with. You can use this to provide heat at home, for your green house, and for your camping trips.
As far as safety is concerned, this space heater has features that seem to work so that the unit can operate safely. The auto shut-off feature is what buyers love most about this heater. With it, the unit automatically turns off when you trip over it or when the oxygen levels become low.
But… as they say, safety first. Though many consumers can attest to this heater’s safety, always have a carbon monoxide detector nearby. Plus, read the manual beforehand.
More Indoor Space Heater Reviews...
- Mr. Heater Blue Flame Propane Vent-Free Heater Review (VF30KBLUELP)
- Dura Heat DH2304 Kerosene Heater Review
- Sengoku CV-2230 KeroHeat Convection Heater Review
- Coleman Sportcat Heater Review (Portable PerfecTemp Catalytic Heater)
- Lasko 755320 Ceramic Tower Heater Review
- Dr. Infrared Heater DR968 Review
- DeLonghi HMP1500 Mica Panel Heater Review